VoIP technology has revolutionized how businesses communicate, allowing them to make and receive calls over the internet through hardware run by managed service providers rather than through traditional phone lines. Their systems also support other forms of online communication, such as instant messaging and chat. While the cost savings of using VoIP are well-known, many businesses are unaware of how a VoIP phone system can help market their business. One reason may be that many business owners think about their IP telephones as stand-alone devices, not as one of their company’s unified communication applications.
The Marketing Advantage of Unified Communication Applications
One of the most significant advantages of a VoIP phone system is the ability to integrate various communication channels into a single unified communication application. This application can include video conferencing, instant messaging, and file sharing, among other features. These services run on a company’s own IP-PBX or cloud computers operated by managed service providers.
Businesses can use a unified communication system to reach customers and employees through their preferred communication channels, allowing for greater engagement and collaboration. For example, customers may prefer to communicate via chat, while employees may prefer video conferencing. Unified communication applications make it easy for a business to offer multiple options.
A VoIP phone system also allows for software integrations that can help streamline marketing efforts. For example, integrating a customer relationship management (CRM) system with VoIP can help businesses track customer interactions and provide personalized marketing messages.
Another example of software integration is the integration of IP telephones with email marketing tools. With this integration, businesses can automatically track which customers have engaged with marketing emails and follow up with personalized phone calls.
Other Marketing-Related Features You Might Overlook
VoIP technology offers several other features designed for marketing purposes. For example, businesses can set up virtual phone numbers that track the effectiveness of different marketing campaigns. Companies can use different virtual phone numbers for each campaign to monitor which campaigns generate the most leads and adjust their investment by choosing alternative marketing strategies.
VoIP technology also allows call recording to improve customer service and provide valuable insights into customer behavior. Reviewing those recorded calls can offer insight into customer pain points, information that a business can use to adjust its messaging. Recordings can also be a training tool.
Of course, a VoIP phone system is invaluable when employees want to or need to work remotely, allowing businesses to hire talent from anywhere in the world. This workplace situation can help companies to expand their reach and improve their marketing efforts. As with other roles, absenteeism can hurt a team’s productivity, but employees miss less work by allowing an efficient remote option.
Measure and Improve Marketing Efforts
Your IP telephone system can generate a wealth of data on calls, messages, and chat sessions, and there are several ways to use this data to gain marketing insights. Here are some tips:
- Track Call Volume and Duration: By analyzing this data, you can identify trends and patterns in customer behavior. For example, if you notice a spike in call volume during certain times of the day or week, you may want to adjust your marketing efforts to target customers.
- Monitor Call Recordings: These recordings can provide valuable insights into customer behavior and preferences. You can identify common customer pain points by analyzing call recordings and adjusting your marketing messages to address these issues better.
- Analyze Call Data: Call data can provide insights into the effectiveness of your marketing efforts. By analyzing calls made or call duration data, you can identify which marketing campaigns generate the most leads and adjust your marketing efforts.
- Use Speech Analytics: Speech analytics software can help you identify keywords and phrases commonly used during customer calls. Analyzing this essential marketing tool lets you gain insights into customer needs and preferences, informing your marketing messages.
- Track Chat Session Data: If your IP telephone system includes chat functionality, you can use chat session data to gain insights into customer behavior. By tracking chat session data, you can identify common customer questions and concerns, which can inform your marketing messages and content.
- Integrate with CRM Systems: By integrating your IP telephone system with a customer relationship management (CRM) system, you can track customer interactions across multiple channels and gain a holistic view of customer behavior. This can help you identify areas for improvement in your marketing efforts and make data-driven decisions.
Your IP telephone system can generate a wealth of data to gain valuable marketing insights. By tracking call volume and duration, analyzing call recordings and data, using speech analytics, tracking chat session data, and integrating with CRM systems, you can better understand customer behavior and adjust your marketing strategies accordingly.
Think of VoIP as a Marketing Tool
A VoIP phone system offers numerous advantages for businesses looking to market their products or services. Companies can improve their marketing ROI by using IP telephones and cloud-based services run by a managed services provider, integrating with other software tools, and reviewing marketing communications. If you would like to leverage VoIP technology and unified communication applications to improve your marketing efforts, contact us to set up a free consultation.