The move from old phones and different applications for different communication needs to an IP-based system takes some specialized knowledge and experience. VoIP phone systems are a vastly different technology that deserves a long look. Installation might not be complicated, depending on the business, but there is always ongoing support to troubleshoot any issues. Installation and support considerations differ for an on-premises PBX versus running your smart media phones and unified communication applications on the cloud. Read on to learn more about finding the right vendor to supply your equipment and installation and how DirecTech ticks the right boxes. Remember that an IP business phone is only one piece of an IP-based communication system.
Installation and Support with DirecTech
An IP business phone provider should offer a range of installation and support services to help businesses transition to and maintain their VoIP phone systems. Here are some services that a company can expect from a VoIP provider:
- Installation and setup: The VoIP provider should help with the installation and setup of the VoIP system, including installing hardware and software, configuring the system, and integrating it with existing equipment.
- Training: The VoIP provider should offer training to help businesses learn how to use the new system. This can include tutorials, user manuals, and support videos.
- Technical support: The VoIP provider should offer technical support to help businesses troubleshoot any issues that may arise. This can include phone, email, or chat support and should be available 24/7.
- System maintenance: The VoIP provider should offer ongoing system maintenance, including software updates, hardware maintenance, and regular system checkups.
Setting up an IP phone system works differently depending on whether the system runs on the hardware you own or on cloud servers run by a managed services provider. DirecTech has many years of experience setting up VoIP phones and unified communication applications and helping business owners integrate key software into the new telecommunication system. We also offer training videos that help employees learn to use our Zultys VoIP phones and help administrators set up and manage their phone systems.
Setting up a Cloud-Based System
A cloud-based phone system is the best option for many business owners because it costs less, requires less technical knowledge to run, and is a bit faster. Setting up a cloud-based VoIP phone system for a business involves several steps:
- Choose a VoIP provider: Research and select a reputable VoIP provider that offers cloud-based VoIP services that meet your business needs.
- Evaluate your IT infrastructure: Assess your network to ensure it can support a VoIP system. Check your internet connection speed, router, and network switches to ensure they meet DirecTech‘s requirements.
- Select a phone system: Choose an IP phone system that works with your cloud-based VoIP provider. Make sure the hardware meets your needs for mobile communication, call handling, support for Bluetooth headsets, and so on.
- Configure your network: Arrange your network to prioritize VoIP traffic to ensure that you get high-quality voice and video calls. This can involve setting Quality of Service (QoS) rules on your router.
- Set up user accounts: Assign phone numbers, extensions, and other necessary details to each user account.
- Configure call routing: Arrange call routing rules to ensure incoming calls go to the appropriate person or department. Set up voicemail and call forwarding options as needed.
- Test the system: Test the system, including IM, conferencing, fax-to-email, and other functions. Check call quality and reliability with some test calls.
- Train employees: Train line workers and managers to use the new system. This may be accomplished by providing them with documents, video tutorials, or hands-on training.
- Monitor and maintain the system: Monitor the system’s hardware and software for problems. Maintain everything by updating software, backing up data, and performing regular security checks.
Setting up unified communication applications that run on the cloud can be a complex process, but following those steps will streamline things and minimize risk. Installing an on-premises IP-PBX is a moderately complex task calling for some knowledge of network infrastructure, hardware installation, and software configuration. Experts would advise hiring an IP-PBX vendor or consultant to guide you through the process and provide ongoing support. Look for a vendor with experience setting up phone systems for businesses in your size range and with similar technical requirements. DirecTech offers equipment and expertise for both hosted and on-site PBX systems.
Trust Installation and Support to a Local Expert
In short, a business moving to unified communication applications combined with IP business phones will need a vendor experienced in providing installation, training, and support. DirecTech has the training and experience that a business needs from a vendor that wants smart media phones, hosting, installation, and support. If you have questions about setting up a VoIP phone system for your business and want to modernize your telecommunications, contact us today for a free consultation.